Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving rant

I'm thankful we're going out for dinner.

Otherwise someone would have had to clean the house, buy food, make food, get the MIL up the 3 steps (and back down again) and then wash all the freaking dishes.

We had NO plans for dinner as of yesterday morning. The hub decided to do the go out to dinner thing because we looked around and realized nobody was gonna get up and clean up nor did we have the energy (and I've been at work all week) to entertain and cook.

6:30 P.M.

We're back and it was a tense dinner. The MIL tried to keep the conversation going but nobody was really wanting to talk and then every time someone would start a conversation she wouldn't be able to hear and would introduce something else, effectively stopping the conversation. She wasn't really aware of doing this so it's not like you can blame her...but the end result is nobody can have a conversation.

Not that there was much going on anyway. Everyone in my family was on edge and my stomach gets tied up in knots when there are pissy voices and people bickering.

I think I'll just go to bed. I'm tired and I don't want to think anymore tonight.

No comments: