Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Dusty Floral Dark fabric

Yay, fun news! COLOURlovers.com featured Spoonflower in their blog yesterday. One of my fabrics is shown in their blog as an example of what you can see while visiting Spoonflower. Scroll down about 1/3 of the way down and check out my design. It's the first one in the set under Spoonflower.

COLOURlovers is a big enough site that it can have thousands of people logged on, see this note from this morning: "1,088 Active Lovers [Record: 2,316 on 5 March, 2009]"

There are thousands of fabric designs on Spoonflower - that someone found one of mine and loved the colors and design enough to use it in the blog post at COLOURlovers is way exciting. Below you can see the design (you'll have to go see the repeat in either the COLOURlovers link abvoe or here at my Spoonflower account.



I've worked on my Spoonflower Steampunk design for the past 2 days. I love the design, it's been great fun to do. It probably is better suited for a greeting card but unless I can come up with something cuter, it's what I'll enter. For sure I'll put it up on RedBubble, where I only have 2 things at the moment but will start uploading soon.

BTW, I just found the Spoonflower post that shows I placed 9th with my "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My" fabric entry for the Children's Design contest. Out of 129 designs - that's not bad. It's not as high as I'd like to place (I am sooo competitive), but I will so take it. Maybe one day I'll hit upon the exact right combo of looseness and cuteness to up my game there. So far I've gotten 2nd, 20th and 9th (I think I might have gotten 10th on something, or I might be imagining that because I just can't exactly remember). I can say the more often my designs come up on peoples screens (no matter where I placed in a contest) the higher the percentages of sales and exposure. I'm so good with that!

No comments: