Sunday, November 1, 2009

The cold shoulder

OMG, ya know how I dropped out of book club?  I told each member that if they wanted to talk to me to email me.  Nobody did (but 2 that had about enough).  Ok, no biggie right?

Tonight we were at the bookstore.  The husband of one of the eyerollers saw my husband and came over to say hi.  It was a regular, "Hi".  Then I step from the other side of my husband and said,  "Hi Vic".  

He blanched and said, "oh hi".  Then he said one thing more to the husband and hightailed it out of there.  Apparently he's mad at me FOR his wife.  

Bwhahahahaha.  That made me sort of laugh and sort of feel sorry for them.  I didn't do anything to them, I left bookclub.  That means I'm the one that loses out on a reading group.  

I also think it's weird that someone who has nothing to do with bookclub is mad at me.  Vic has no part at all in bookclub.  None of the husbands do.  My husband could be mad at them for being such jerks all the time but he treats them just as he always has.  

Make no mistake my hub is sympathetic to me but he also knows I'm a big girl who can take responsibility for her own decisions...(hahahaha, even tho he likes me to get riled up when he gets riled  up, see the Vogel post).

Oh well, they'll get over it or they won't.  

3 comments:

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Strike two, Victor. Maybe strike three. What a weasel.

Billy Canary said...

Pathetic.

VO said...

BillyC asks "What happened to the aloha spirit?"