Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 3 early evening

 Second nap today.  Slept for 3 hours.  Probably cuz I took a pain pill.  I am getting claustrophobic when I can't breathe.  I started to have a full-blown anxiety attack today because of it.  That's why I took a pain pill and went to sleep. Septoplasty is not for the weak constitution that is for sure.  

My left nostril is really painful.  The throat is easing up some but now I feel like I'm getting sick.  I'm probably not, it just feels like I have the most miserable cold since I'm all stuffy with gunk sliding down the back of my throat.  Some times I feel like I have to throw up (probably all that mucus and blood).  Also have a headache that comes and goes. 

The drainage is still heavy although there is less blood, sorta kinda.  It's best when I lie down, less blood and mucus sliding down my nostrils.  Evidently every time you move it makes the blood pump more volume and out it goes thru the incision.   I was so hoping that by this time all this discharge would be gone.  Nope, doesn't feel like it's every gonna stop.  I looked on the internet to see if it's normal and yeah, I guess it is.  So is feeling like shit for days and days.  Ding dang it.

I still cannot taste (except for sweet and salty) no flavor just intense sweetness or saltiness.  My coffee tastes like nothing.  My work was nice and sent me a fruit basket but it just feels like slime in my mouth.  LOL, no taste.  

Ach, I feel like I am complaining and complaining.  Nothing good so far so I guess it's just par for the course.  I'm not quite feeling up to being all nice and grateful since I just feel swollen, pain, pressure, headache, numbness, nausea and brain-fog.  I'm not even able to read for more than a few mins.  Not books anyway.  

I wonder if I can take Advil instead of Tylenol with Codeine?  I'm not a fan of Tylenol but I guess I might be able to take that without Codeine (if I had any). 

No comments: