Saturday, May 30, 2009

The social schedule for today

It's not surprising I didn't sleep til  late last night.  Probably 3:30 is when I fell asleep.  And here I am awake.  The dogs are out, the boys are fed so I can go back to bed for a while.  

Tonight I have to go to 3 things all basically at the same time.  It's gonna take some coordination.

I have a graduation party at 5:30

A choir concert at 5:30

Book club at 7

Here is my plan.  I go to the grad party til I get a phone call from the husband telling me about when he and my daughter sing their solo.  I leave the grad party go to the concert, hang out there til after they sing and then go to book club.  

It'll all work if the solo is about 7 or 7:30.  It might be that late because the danged concert usually lasts til 10 or 10:30.  Hopefully when the husband and daughter go to rehearsal today the husband can find out about where they are in the program.  

If the solo is earlier than that I'll have to go to the grad party, the concert, back to the grad party and then to book club.  

Today I have to go buy a gift for the grad and if I have any money get my hair trimmed.  I don't think I have enough for both, it's the end of the month.  It'll depend on how creative I can be with whatever gift I decide to get her.  

Hopefully Sunday will be nice and quiet cuz I think I am gonna be beat from all the running around I have to do today.  

3 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

Glad you survived your surgery! And you're a really good friend/wife to go to things like grad parties and concerts the next day with your nose in a sling.

I can tell you that any surgery would be an improvement on my nose -- I've been trying to get smacked by a branch for years just to see if it would help.

Best wishes for plenty of caffeine and a speedy recovery.

VO said...

It's really easy to get smacked in the nose I can give you step by step instructions...by the time you get whacked in the schnoz it's too late to turn back tho.

I wore a fitted dress tonight that showed cleavage just to detract from the nose. I don't think it helped all that much, the danged splint is hugely white and giant on my not so small, petite nose.

I have quite the stately nose without it being swollen and crooked.

Thanks for the wishes, I have had plenty of caffeine today and my nose is feeling pretty good. Although, it's kinda gross having a snotty nose again from the new break. I'll spare ya'll the details. Maybe. LOL.

Donita Curioso said...

You looked really nice tonight. What a hot mama!

The duet brought a wee tear to my eye. Those two looked great on stage together.