Friday, July 3, 2009

Ant invasion

Oh yes, I was up at 5:30 and it was lovely outside. Cool and sunny. The house warmed as the sun rose.

I found ants all over the kitchen table. Ant's going into the water well of my espresso machine. Ants on the sink, marching across the counter.

War.

At 5:45 a.m. I could see a line of ants marching from the cutting board area.



I pulled out the evil death spray and after removing some drawers (setting one on the trash can) and the cutting board I protected the dishes pots and pans with newspaper.

And I struck. I sprayed the death spray.

After that I was hot and sleepy. I decided (since nobody was up and I was sort of dragging) to read a little and maybe nap.

so I did. I napped for an hour. I woke because I heard a CRASH.

It was the drawer I'd set on the trashcan. The trashcan top is slightly slanted to accomodate a swinging lid that we never use.

So I got up and picked it up.

I hope the wayward ants either figure a way out of the house or they will meet the evil death spray.

Here is a video that shows the ants moving around.

No comments: