Sunday, July 19, 2009

Beach choo choo

It's been blazing hot here. 104, 105 somewhere in there. So hot that the air conditioner can't really keep the house cool. It's also humid which is odd for this area. We're desert and usually it's pretty dry.

So when the beach train offered a special 29.00 for 4 people we (our pals plus kids) decided we'd all go. It turns out there were 27 of us all told. Our kids all brought pals with them. It used to be that we'd be 3 families and about 13 or 14 of us. But with all of their pals, it's grown huge. My son came with 3 of his friends. My daughter brough 3 and they brought their little 10 year old sister.

It's a long day. We left the house at 7:10, got our tickets (wild trying to get all the tickets coordinated) and then got on the train at 7:50. Got to the beach by 10 and left at 4:30.

There are many stops, we didn't get back to town til 7 p.m. Tired, dirty and hungry. We brought food but our group wanted something else.

I didn't want to go, I wasn't really hungry and I have to work in the morning...I really need a shower. So we ran, got burritos and came home.

All in all a very relaxing day sitting in my chair with a big umbrella, feet hidden under a towel reading my book. I wanted to nap but didn't. Some of the kids didn't bring food so I gave my son some money and they went and bought some. Silly kids.

The beach was nice and empty when we got there but soon it was packed to the gills. I'm glad I'm home. A shower will be good. See ya later.

No comments: