Saturday, September 5, 2009

Shaking my head...what?

Ya know truly if there had been a health bill when Bush was in office, I would have supported it.  I don't understand why this MUST be about parties.  

I don't always vote party...and the health care insurance bill isn't (to me) about parties or how conservative or liberal you are politically.

To me, it's about people.  Helping people.  I read this article today in part: "The Senate Republican whip, speaking to reporters on a conference call from his home state of Arizona, said that even if the Democrats do away with a government-run insurance option, the GOP most likely won't support the bill that's being written in the Senate.

"I think it's safe to say that there are a huge number of big issues that people have," Kyl said, referring to Republican senators. "There is no way that Republicans are going to support a trillion-dollar-plus bill." 

And I guess I don't get it, I don't get why someone would make a blanket statement that no matter what a particular party will not support a bill to help humanity.  No matter what concessions are made.

I do believe most people WOULD sit around a table and discuss it rationally, hammering out how it could be done if it weren't so much about the balance of power rather than treating people right.

It makes me sad.  

No comments: