Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dinner with the niece

Last night we went to dinner with Em, Mary and Em's new guy friend.  Our kidlets were also there.  Me, the hub and the BIL.  To celebrate Em's birthday. She's 22.

The youngsters were more numerous than the oldsters.  

The new guy friend is cute and he was very solicitous of Em's family members.  Hmmmm.  It was probably my first clue that he was a bit more than a friend.  hahahah.

He is a very nice young man.  

We all chatted and chatted although it was a bit difficult to hear across the table.  Instead I mostly watched the interchanges between kids.  And it was a bit telling that Em's girlfriend (who very much approves of the new relationship) was very forthcoming about the two of them while Em was shy about it.  I think this relationship might be a long one.  It just looks that way to me after watching them last night.

bwhahahaha and he's a California guy.  :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't tell you then I just got a phone call from a tearful daughter saying they just talked and they/he needs some time to figure things out. Boys suck!

VO said...

OMG, he probably doesn't want to run into me anywhere right about now.

Of course I could help him figure things out in a hurry.

They'll work it out, I hope.