Monday, October 12, 2009

Hello mortality

Went to Mike's memorial yesterday. It was nice, somewhat smaller than the last one we went to (of our group) but a lot of people couldn't get here like they could during the summer months.

It was nice to see everyone again. I hate that we all get together when someone dies but I guess we'll see this happen over and over as we get older.

I got teary-eyed while Mike's wife spoke of his last days and what his friends meant to him. I didn't think I would but listening to her broke my heart.

The fun part was looking thru a ton of pictures. PattyS brought 2 boxes that were slated for the trash bin when someone saved them. I'll post some when I get a chance to do something like scan them. Wish we had a scanner, that would make it easier.

The old guard is leaving the planet. Hello mortality.

No comments: