Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ding danged slimy thing

The woman in the iron mask...that's now my nose splint feels.  It's hard plastic that has an adhesive on the inside and the adhesive is good enough to say on my nose but it keeps sliding down.  So I push it up.  It slides down, I push up.  Over and over.  It's feels all slimy on my face and it gets sweaty underneath there.  Ick. 

I'm thinking I'm going to have to tape it to my face.  Insult to injury.  My friend Kim says it's hardly noticeable (ah huh, yeah right) so if it's hardly noticeable some white tape across it will not make a difference.  

Yesterday I went to a meeting with 3 people I didn't know.  I told them I broke my nose (I think the danged thing is like an elephant in the room) and they all laughed with me about my accident.  I'd rather acknowledge the fact that there is something just a little off with my face than pretend it's not there.  Besides it's a way to make people laugh and break the ice.  

I'm still reeling that a little broken nose can cause so much stuff to deal with.  I hope on Friday the doc says I can take the splint off because dang, it's a pain in the face.   That sweaty slimy feeling is gross.  

No comments: