Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Saving my pennies

I want one of these: Wacom tablet. This one is refurbished so it's 100.00 less than a brand new one. But you've also got to buy it and then send in the 40.00 rebate. For some reason this one is a teeny bit cheaper at this place. This is smaller than my current 6x8 version.

My tablet (which is probably 6 or 7 years old) has a serial port connector and I have to find an adapter for it. I found one the other day for 4.99 but I found out it's a female connector and I need a male connector. So to use my tablet with the new computer I have to buy a connector for somewhere between 20.00 and 40.00 and there is no guarantee I can find the right drivers. No drivers, no workee.

I have so many things I want to buy and must save my money to do so. I neeeed a phone too. Dang it.

3 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Ooh, I love my Wacom tablet. I started off with a tiny one, which I used until the cord frayed. Then we got the 6x8 inch size. It's good for drawing and for doing Photoshop, but it's also great for giving your wrist a rest if you've been clicking the mouse too much. I always tell people who are dealing with carpal tunnel or some other repetitive motion injury to get one.

Donita Curioso said...

I just looked at them on eBay. The prices are all over the place.

VO said...

My current one (which is old) is 6x8 and I love it. Love it. Love it. I can sit for hours and do graphics all day long.

Last night I played with graphics but ended up having to use my mouse. I'll post the graphic.