Thursday, February 19, 2009

trotting in the same place

Perception. I always think the week after a 3 day weekend seems really long. That 4 work days feels like 5 or 6 days.

I woke this morning thinking it was Friday. But NO, it's Thursday. Ish-ka-bibble.

Why is that?

Maybe it's because my job is so boring that I have nothing to look forward to?
or
The people (who I mostly love) are getting boring (or I am boring them, or some combo thereof)
or
I have lost my will to work.
or
I have lost my will to fight for more stuff at work, it's insurmountable there
or
A combo of all of the above.

Ya know there are things I could do all day and not get bored.

I could do graphics all day (fun, fun, fun), I could read all day (fun, fun, fun), I could make stuff all day (fun, fun, fun). Hmmmmm, while I can do all those things, nobody is paying me for it.

I remember as a kid going to Knotts Berry Farm and watching a lady spin wool. At the time it was a curiousity but now I would love that job. hahahaa. Hello, I'm a career wool spinner in the middle of an urban america amusement park.

My perception is that I am inert. If I were a spinner, I'd be going round and round. LOL, love that visual of inertia in motion.

No comments: