Sunday, February 1, 2009

What I found

I did venture out to the barn. I found some floss, a part of some xstitch kit that my MIL gave me and I'll never finish (hahaha, start it) the thing. It's mostly pastel type colors because it's some kind of country duck or something.

Mostly I wanted to find this helpful x-stitch accessory. It's a magnetic board with a magnifyer thingy that you slide down the x-stitch pattern as you complete a row.

I found the magnifyer bar but not the magnetic board. Hmmmmm, I wonder if I have any magnets around?

I thought it would be helpful for that danged lace chart. Ya know how my eyes are wiggy? Well, maybe this would help me keep my place. Or not.

I also found: a small pair of scissors (good because ALL my scissors disappear), a large crochet hook (always useful for something), a small tin of earring pairs just waiting for beads to be added (and I have a kajillion beads but never wear dangly earrings). Oh and a big embroidery hoop (about 10 inches across). hahaha, I also found a little dog or cat pin (it was some undeterminate animal) that is all kinds of colors and patterns, made out of clay. Probably polymer. I remember making a bunch of pins like that but I don't know why I kept that one. It's gotta be 15 years old or more.

The day is beautiful out there. I've knitted only a few rows of the lace panel. It's so intiminating. I lose my place every third stitch or so. I've gotten to the point where I am marking the pattern as I finish a stitch. And this is a beginner project. hahahah, I don't think I will ever be a good lacemaker.

Off to knit some more.

No comments: