Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ya know the thing about chocolate...

I just got back from the grocery store. Had to get milk for my latte. A must have.

A couple of the aisles are decked out in valentine finery and as I passed by I listened to these 2 ladies talking about chocolate. How much the one lady loved it (I can't live without it) and the other who agreed and said Snickers were her favorite. I thought to myself: "I hate Snickers."

I know I'm in the minority but I'm not a huge fan of chocolate. I mean it's ok but that's all...it's ok. I can live without it. I hate milk chocolate and I like Godiva dark chocolate but I can live without it. Yeah, even Godiva dark chocolate. Once it took me 4 months to eat a small box of Godiva chocolates. Sometimes I get gifts of chocolate and I hardly ever eat it. Maybe a piece but to finish a whole bar of chocolate? Nope. I just put it in the cupboard.

If I really think about it, I never choose anything with chocolate. I'd take an oatmeal cookie over chocolate chip. In fact, I'll take any cookie over chocolate chip. I don't drink Mocha, I don't eat chocolate donuts, I hate eclairs that have chocolate on them, would rather have just the cake and filling part. Creme pies: no thank you on the chocolate but I will take some of that coconut creme.

Candy I choose over chocolate (not in order): GoodNPlenty, Payday, gummy anything, spice drops, lemon drops, apple suckers with caramel. The one exception is I will eat Mounds. Coconut with dark chocolate. I'd really rather have the coconut without the chocolate tho.

Weird, I think I'm weird. :-)

No comments: