Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Gare memorial

Yesterday was Gare's memorial. It was great fun to see everyone, mostly all musical theater people. His three boys were there and their wives and children. I saw people that I haven't seen in 20 years.

Listening to the tributes, I got a little teary-eyed. I didn't speak although I wanted to, I just hate speaking in public. After a while it got wild and lots of people told hugely funny stories about him. I laughed a lot.

I thought I'd link to a fun moment that came late in the evening. My husband and Julie went outside to rehearse something they haven't sung in about 20 years. Julie was a kid when they did Annie together. Now she's in her 30's, has 2 kids and is still a powerhouse singer. I love it that they kept in touch all these years.

Enjoy the video here.

No comments: