Wednesday, August 26, 2009

yoga

Tonight I went to yoga. It was fun although it was a slow class...but slow is good for me since I haven't taken a class in literally 2 years.

The teacher asked if I'd ever done yoga before - yes, but it's been 2 years.

You'll be fine, she told me. (lololol)

Later she came up to me and said, Oh, it looks like you've found your pose!

At the end of class she said, I think you could attend any class here. You did just fine.

I didn't want to tell her I've had years of training and I used to teach yoga. I used to teach at THAT studio. LOL, made me smile thinking of it.

I left that studio because of the weird owners and the fact that as I was traveling to a yoga conference (with big famous teachers workshops) one of the owners called me to tell me that he was...ah...well, ummmmm, needed to take my class away from me and give it to the new partner but if i wanted to take a different slot i could...but I'd have to teach a beginner class instead.

The old studio where I taught for 2 years merged with this new studio with weird owners. We were all told that none of us would lose our classes but by the time they did that with me, the other 5 original teachers had all had the same thing done to them. I knew it was just a matter of time. When the time came I just said, Ok, give the class away, I can't take the other class..good luck to you.

And I never went back. Too many weird stories from other yoga teachers, I didn't want to be involved.

Tonight I found out the weird owners were now gone and someone else owned the studio. Hmmmm, I decided to go.

Tonight I feel great, now I've got to figure out how I can go more often again.

No comments: