Monday, August 31, 2009

Recap

I've been up for an hour. Either sinus headache or migraine.

This weekend was full of stuff for me to do. Pool party on Friday evening to get all of us together because our friend has a Japanese exchange student here. This student was here 3 years ago, loved it and asked if she could come visit again for a week before heading to Minnesota to her actual host family. Isn't that great? It was fun, all the kids were there swimming while us adults hung out and ate pizza.

Saturday was book club. Fun as usual. Earlier in the day my daughter had a BAD migraine and a BAD reaction to her new meds so I mostly worried the whole day. Getting out to do something (by the time I left the husband was home to watch her and she was sleeping) was nice.

Sunday was a slow day, I read mostly. Tried to take a nap but just as I was falling asleep or maybe had been asleep for 10 mins the husband started rehearsing. He has an unbelievably loud voice so it woke me right up. It's kind of like someone standing next to you yelling in your ear when you're asleep. You jump up startled. Yeah, I was not a happy camper.

He left for his open mike thing. I took a shower and my friend called and asked if we wanted to come over for homemake tempura. How could I say no? I was clean, I was hungry and nobody was home so my night was free. It was great.

Hey, look! It's 5:30 now, time for me to get up and get ready for work.

No comments: