Monday, August 24, 2009

gotta move my butt

I don't really think anything will come of it but today I sent my resume to an old friend who works at Starbucks as a area manager.

I have a lot of management experience but it's in corporate not in retail. But I have had a lot of retail experience albeit was 25 years ago.

All I want to do is go to work and look forward to being there. Being able to talk to people rather than having to sit at a desk, no wait, chained to a desk.

So I lower myself to work retail (for there are a lot of people who'd consider that lowering my standards) but really, I can't keep working where I work without going totally crazy. I have to find something else.

Ha, but it has to pay more than I make now...which wouldn't be that difficult. I do want to get my deviated nose fixed so I do have to plan for that. Ideally I'd find something after Christmas so I can have that vacation time off...which will never happen at Christmas time if I work retail.

If nothing comes of me looking towards retail, that's ok too. I just need to put it out to the universe publically. I think. LOL.

No comments: