Thursday, March 26, 2009

Little Bee review Part I

So I'm on page 206 of 271 of Little Bee.  Yeah, it's a one night sit down and read book.  If I didn't spend time on the computer I'd be done with it by now.  

I love the voice of the author but there are transition problems with the story.  Some great exposition the first half of the book.  Then all of a sudden the mode changes and the author jumps right into situations and conversations that wouldn't happen in real life.  Not situations like space ships appearing but strangers talking about the most intimate (and no, it's not about sex) feelings/situations to one another.  I feel a hint of my own mores being stretched too.

I'd give it a A for the first section, a C for later sections.  Since I plan on going to bed in a few mins I won't know til tomorrow whether I'll up the grade for the later sections.

 

No comments: