Friday, March 27, 2009

Little Bee read, part II

I finished Little Bee this morning.  For some odd reason I woke up at 5:15 a.m.  The daughter was leaving for San Francisco and I must have worried that she wouldn't get to school on time (had to be there at 6:15 a.m.).  So I finished the book. 

The story is so great, the voices of most of the characters are so great that it makes me crazy that some of the transitions are so abrupt.  

I loved the voice of Little Bee.  Her character was perfect.  I did not like the characters: Laurence and the assistant to Sarah.  I didn't even like Sarah that much even tho she had some heroics in the story.  

I don't understand the usage of "darling" between grown adults as casual conversation.  LOL, it's very british to speak that way apparently.  Everytime an author uses "darling" in a casual conversation between 2 co-workers: "Whyever would you resign darling?" I hear a droll upper class voice in my head.  It's kind of icky.

No comments: