Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's raining but still it's Christmas

Well, all the public rooms are clean. Ok, we'll cept for the crafty table that has a bunch of crap on it. I just couldn't do it. Maybe tomorrow.

All the gifts are wrapped. The daughter did ALL the gifts for the hub, most of the sons and whatever I got. I did all of the daughters and a few of the sons.

We used to wrap on Christmas Eve so it was like Santa arrived overnight. Now it doesn't matter, we COULD do it over a few weeks. Maybe even get a tree prior to the very last minute (although it does save money to get it towards the last day...or the very last day).

And I NEED to buy during the year. I could afford to get one or two things a month so it's less of a burden in one month (cuz we also have the daughters bday in Dec.) Next year she'll be 18 so her birthday ought to be bigger than normal.

I'm kinda sad that we're not going to see the MIL tomorrow. Both me and the daughter are sick so no can do. I AM getting better (the snot part is at least) but the cough is still here and it really sucks energy out of you. I know she'll understand but it doesn't make it easier that she'll miss seeing us (and us her) on Christmas. We've never missed a Christmas with her. Ahem, although I have to say, she HAS missed a Christmas with us when she was out of her gourd last year and had no idea how to even open a present.

I also cannot believe I'm being sick during my vacation time. That totally sucks.

Ok, so it's after 1 a.m. and I am going to bed. Merry merry!

No comments: