Tuesday, December 23, 2008

No help from any elves

I had to venture out today. I'm not proud of it but there was no hope for it.

I bought wrapping paper a week ago. But it's not in my car and I know I didn't take it out of there. Maybe I never picked it up from the counter? I dunno but I have no paper.

The hub suggested I use newspapers. No. It doesn't even LOOk like Christmas at our house, I'll be damned if I wrap things in newspaper.

Last night I asked the hub/daughter combo to buy me some glycerine. Because my face hurts from all the snot wiping. They couldn't find it and I think they went to 2 different stores. I knew I could find it so that was the second thing I needed.

Somehow I've cut my nose right where the pads of the glasses lie on the nose. I might have fallen asleep with my glasses on and bumped it or something. My glasses are glass, not plastic so they are heavy. That area is very sensitive and I needed some eyeglass pads right now.

So armed with a slew of tissues and a promise to stay away from people I went.

I found the glycerine. Took 10 mins but I found it.
I bought wrapping paper and it was on sale.
I found some moleskin and am using that and it is helping.

Now I've got to go clean up the living room so I can start wrapping and stacking gifts.

Can I tell you how much I hate wrapping? But shit, no elves are gonna help me.

No comments: