Tuesday, December 30, 2008

monitor death knell

Well what a drag. First my cell phone is chewed to bits. Now this monitor is trying it's best to die.

The husband said (I was not here to see or hear the death knells) that the computer shut down randomly. Odd since this thing is new so it shouldn't just randomly shut itself down. I told him where the ON button was and to go turn it back on.

He did. Some time later he left the house to get his oil changed.

I came in here and the screen is this funny color. It's because the red channel is gone. There is no red to shade colors to the correct hue. Anything red shows up as black. The publish post button in blogger which I think is orange normally shows up as olive green.

I called the hub who said he didn't do anything to the computer. When it turned on it made a funny noise. The computer or the monitor I asked. The monitor.

I can only assume the reds died off and what he heard was the death knells.

I guess somehow I have to come up with $150. for a new one. A cheap one.

3 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

I have an extra one you can use. It's not perfect. The coating on the screen got scraped a bit but it's not very noticeable when it's turned on.

VO said...

I might have to take you up on that. I'm watching craigslist but so far haven't found anything that is cheap and what I want. And/or is close enough.

I might as well save the money and get something that I want rather than give out 80 bucks for a small used one.

Donita Curioso said...

Well, let me know if you want to use it. It's just sitting here doing nothing.