Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Rant cranky

Well, the belly isn't hurting quite so much tonight. It was only discomfort when I ate tonight. Yesterday it was more like "OMG, I can't even talk during one of those spasms." Maybe it will go away again.

Tonight I am mad. I'd submitted an application/resume at a local college. Back in Oct. First the status was something like: Received. Then it was Routed for screening. For like a month. Then today I checked and it was: "Filled as transfer/promotional opportunity." Apparently they don't have a status called: "Actively interviewing" you know to show that candidates have been selected. No instead they gave to an internal person.

Now, I totally understand hiring from within. But I also understand posting the job internally for 2 wks and in the event you don't get enough or the pool of applicants are not quite what you hoped for that you open the position up to the public. Well, this was opened to the public but either they can't seem to update their HR website timely or there were NO public resumes selected for interviews. I'm leaning towards the fact that it was a fake out, the job was never going to be really available to the public but they can say they were fair by posting it publically.

I HATE my job and I need to find something that is interesting and gives me something to do. I guess I need to end my rant.

No comments: