Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cruising art

The husband swears he told me about going to see a friends photo show at a local gallery. He didn't. We talked about this friend no longer working at his longtime job but nothing about going to see his work.

So he calls me to tell me to change clothes so we can go. I was waiting for him to come home and make chili. I waited all day for chili and he never made it. :-(

I think we are going to a gallery. So I change into appropriate clothing.

We are not going to "that" kind of gallery. It's a guerilla type gallery. Very casual. So I am overdressed and it's basically because I'm wearing heels rather than my uggs. It was a easy night out. We walked to a couple of places, saw some old friends (who I haven't seen in probably over 10 yrs).

One gallery had stuff I could do. Me and Donita talked about doing stuff like that. Both of us do things like that because it's cheaper to do things on our own if we want them.

So why aren't I doing things and submitting them? The other day Eileen said she was suprised I wasn't doing something with my art.

My response was my art is mostly craft rather than art. Yet whenever I go to gallery's downtown I realize I could do some of what I see out there.

I have to think about that. Most of my friends at work now have no idea that I create things. They know I have an artistic eye (kind of) but they don't know me that way. I have to think about that too.

Good to question what I'm not doing and what I am doing.

No comments: