Friday, January 2, 2009

Elizabethan Collar for the Gnawer

Only Sat and Sun left before I have to return to work. Luckily I took today off cuz I knew I'd be all mad at myself if I had to go in for one day.

Mostly I cleaned the house. I did get a new shower curtain for the bathroom. Yay. 'Cept it's so opaque it makes the small room dark. Oh well.

The Gnawer aka Zoms got fixed today. They said (or so I heard) that if he started licking his wound to get him an Elizabethan Collar or e-collar. You know one of those cone things.

He licked. I made him a cone by using very thin poster board, covering it in clear packing tape and cutting a circle and slit to accomodate his head. So far so good. He's not really fighting it and he's not trying to get it off.

You see, crafty! And much better than spending 15 or 20 dollars on one. Hmmmm, I should have decorated it.

5 comments:

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

I guess now he can never appreciate that joke about why a dog licks its balls.

VO said...

He had them long enough to hear and appreciate the joke.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

You can never have them for too long, however.

VO said...

I suppose I have to take your word on it. I wouldn't actually know.

Donita Curioso said...

Ok, I've never heard this joke. Why does a dog lick its balls?

To get to the other side?