Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's party

Last night we went to K & J's for the usual New Year Eve party. It was, as usual smallish and a lot of kids.

I wasn't feeling particularly party-ish. Mostly I sat talking to Susan. After about 2 hours my eyes began to burn and hurt and that double vision thing started happening.

The bigger kids all played video games/computer games. The little kids ran around like banshees.

We celebrated twice, once at 9 for east coast, again at midnight for west coast. I was tired, my eyes totally wiggy.

We toasted with 7Up (there was wine and champagne but ehhhh) and that was pretty much the night.

We were home by 12:20. Pretty quiet.

5 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Happy New Year! Mine was pleasant, if somewhat solitary. I was supposed to go to my BIL's house but they had just welcomed a new grandbaby that morning so their little gathering was cancelled. I stood out in my front yard with my animals and listened to the noise. I enjoy that. For 2006 I went to the top of our hill and just sat there and listened. All the sounds would travel up that hill and I could see fireworks going off here and there. It was pretty cool.

VO said...

:-) I enjoy the quieter NYE moments myself. I really don't miss those big party, loud noises, everyone's drunken kisses type things. It's such a let down.

A quiet one allows me to reflect on what I am thankful for and what I can look forward to in the next year.

Donita Curioso said...

My favorite way to celebrate New Year's Eve is with a small, intimate gathering. I like a nice evening of good, simple food, playing music (unplugged) and playing games and getting just slightly drunk. That's pretty much the perfect New Year's eve. if I can't have that I'll take what I had last night.

VO said...

I can't do the getting slightly drunk thing anymore.

My body just doesn't like it and I always feel terrible the next morning even if I have just one.

It's funny how alcohol just has absolutely no appeal to me anymore.

Donita Curioso said...

Funny how things change as we get older. Alcohol was never something I was into (not like some other stuff) and I almost always honored my limit. It feels yucky to go too far and once you do there's no turning back. The party is over. But I do like that light buzz.