Monday, January 5, 2009

the MIL?



That photo looks a lot like the MIL. But I just can't say for sure. That woman looks a lot fatter than the MIL has been in some number of years. Her glasses look to be a different shape as well. And I don't recognize the clothes.

But the shape of her hands is almost identical. You can see her hair looks similar (the shape) but I do remember almost always the Dominatrix always had the MIL's hair in a Dear Abbey updo. It was never down like that. But I can admit that it's not like she got her hair done every single day...but her caregiver always had her looking impeccable.



It's the glasses that don't make sense to me. She doesn't have that shape glasses and her face doesn't look quite right.

But it COULD be her.

6 comments:

Billy Canary said...

It's the mouth.

VO said...

I don't know. If she knows she's having her picture taken she's always got this bright smile on.

Course, she could have been totally out of it (not out of the realm of possibillity) and had that weird slack face on.

I just can't be 100% sure.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

That's Mom. I recognize the outfit. And the hair. During the time she lived at Dominatrix, she rarely had her hair done. Dom combed her hair, but it pretty much just hung there.

As for the lack of a smile. Mom hated Dom and rarely smiled when getting pictures taken. Of the set of pics on the website, I'm in one of them. I'm wearing that purple courderoy shirt you guys got for me a long time ago.

I think the plumpness is because the pics are distorted, stretched out lengthwise.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Now that I think about it, Dom even gave me a copy of both pictures.

VO said...

I don't recognize the outfit at all. But if you say it's her, then it is.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Yeah. I don't know if she still has it or if it's packed away and lost from the many moves. I haven't seen her wear it lately.